- Product Overview
- Outlook Connector
- Archive Server
- Shopping Cart
ActiveSync for MDaemon: Android Smartphone Setup
MDaemon Messaging Server now includes support for Microsoft's ActiveSync®, which is a separately licensed over-the-air (OTA) ActiveSync (AirSync) server. ActiveSync provides synchronization of a user's default email, calendar, and contact data between their MDaemon/Webmail (WorldClient) account and an ActiveSync capable device.
ActiveSync for MDaemon installs along with MDaemon but it is a separate product from MDaemon and will only run as a trial for 60 days. After that, a one-time fee is required. The trial begins when you install MDaemon and enable ActiveSync for the first time.
*ActiveSync does not work with MDaemon Standard version.
Enabling ActiveSync in MDaemon
In MDaemon, ActiveSync can be enabled via a checkbox under the Setup | Mobile Device Management | ActiveSync menu.
NOTE: ActiveSync is a web-service extension and will not work if your web server (such as WorldClient) is not running on port 80 (for http) and/or port 443 (for https). ActiveSync will not work on other ports.
Android Smartphone Setup
- WARNING: When you enable ActiveSync for MDaemon the first time:
- It will wipe your existing contact and calendar data and replace it with your MDaemon data. Therefore, be sure you have a complete backup of your device before synchronizing for the first time. Consult your device's manual for instructions on how to back up your device.
- All first time syncs with ActiveSync will be a one-way sync from the server to the device. All subsequent synchronizations will be two-way.
- On the Android home screen, touch the Application button (the four-by-four series of squares) to bring up the list of installed applications on the phone.
- Touch Contacts.
- Press the Menu key or touch Menu (Depending on your device).
- Touch Accounts.
- Touch Add account.
- In the Email Address field, enter the email address for your account.
- In the Password field, enter the password for your account.
- Touch Next.
- On the Server settings page, fill in the following fields:
- Domain\Username: The domain portion of your email address, followed by the username portion of your email address (example: example.com\username).
- Password: Enter the password for this account.
- Server: Make sure the hostname for the MDaemon server is listed (example: mail.example.com).
- Uncheck Use secure connection (SSL) unless required.
- Touch Next.
- Within the Email checking frequency drop-down menu, set it to desired polling interval.
- Note: Push is not available for MDaemon 12.5.3 and below.
- Verify that Notify me when email arrives, Sync calendar from this account and Sync contacts from this account are enabled (not all devices support all features).
- Touch Next.
- Name the account as desired (example: MDaemon Contacts).
- Touch Done.
- After completing these steps, you should be able to send and receive email successfully.