- Product Overview
- Outlook Connector
- Archive Server
- Shopping Cart
Flexible Security with Optional Features
For some environments, customers may desire multiple anti-virus engines and Outbreak Protection features. ProtectionPlus extends and compliments the built-in features of SecurityGateway Email Spam Firewall for Exchange/SMTP Servers by offering an additional anti-virus engine from Kaspersky Lab and the Recurrent Pattern Detection and Zero-Hour Outbreak Protection of Commtouch.
ProtectionPlus for SecurityGateway offers the following:
Kaspersky Anti-virus Engine
- Anti-virus protection from Kaspersky Lab combines traditional anti-virus defense methods with the latest proactive technologies.
- Provides solid and dependable protection against viruses and malware (malicious programs).
Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPDTM) Technology
- Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPD) uses patented technology to identify patterns which are content agnostic to safeguard the original message. These patterns cannot be used to reconstruct the original message.
- RPD extracts and then analyzes relevant patterns, which are used to identify massive email-borne outbreaks. It classifies both distribution and structural patterns within an email message.
- RPD patterns are compared to the local cache which provides fast match results for more than 70% of the patterns. If a pattern is not in the local cache, RPD will query global data centers for a match to provide true real-time protection with the most up-to-date patterns. These global data center queries then update the cache to keep the most current patterns available locally.
- RPD is designed to distinguish between the distribution patterns of solicited bulk emails, representing legitimate business correspondence, from those of unsolicited bulk emails, representing spam.
- RPD identifies incoming threat messages with very few, if any false positives. Not only are the patterns content agnostic, they are also language-independent making it equally effective for all message formats and encoding types.
Zero HourTM Virus Outbreak Protection
- Real-time, anti-spam, zero-hour anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-phishing technology.
- Capable of proactively protecting your email infrastructure automatically and within minutes of an outbreak.
- Outbreak Protection requires no heuristic rules, content filtering, or signature updates.
- Relies on the analysis of "patterns" associated with an email transmission and compares them to similar patterns collected from billions of email messages sampled daily, in real-time, from live Internet email traffic.
- Resulting analysis can detect outbreaks in "Zero Hour" - much faster than traditional filter and signature based solutions that require detecting, defining, and disseminating new virus information.